Category: Telecom Industry News

Latest Industry News content provided is syndicated from Telecompaper.com

Ericsson network sales grow in Q2 on NAmerican investment in 5G

(Telecompaper) Ericsson reported improved sales growth at its core networks business in Q2, driven by investment at North American operators in 5G. However, increased R&D spending and restructuring costs meant the company’s net loss widened.  Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

Tele2 upgrades FY EBITDA growth outlook after strong Q2

(Telecompaper) Tele2 has upgraded its outlook for EBITDA growth this year after reporting a strong set of second-quarter results. The growth in Q2 was again led by its activities in the Baltics and Kazakhstan as well as a solid performance in its home market Sweden. Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

America Movil posts modest growth in Q2 on postpaid mobile, broadband expansion

(Telecompaper) America Movil reported a small increase in second-quarter sales and EBITDA, driven by the continued shift to postpaid mobile services and growth in the broadband market. Revenues rose 3.2 percent year-on-year to MXN 257.31 billion, and EBITDA improved 3.0 percent to MXN 72.02 billion, keeping the margin stable at 28.0 percent. Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

Telenor organic growth slows in Q2, maintains FY outlook

(Telecompaper) Telenor said its underlying sales growth slow in the second quarter but maintained its full-year outlook for growth. On an organic basis, subscription and traffic revenues increased by 0.4 percent in Q2, compared to 1 percent growth in Q1 and a full-year forecast for 1-2 percent growth. Total reported revenues were still down 3 percent to NOK 27.485 billion, hurt by negative currency effects. Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

Telia buys Get and TDC Norway for NOK 21 billion

(Telecompaper) Telia Company said it has agreed to buy Get TDC Norway from Danish operator TDC at an enterprise value of NOK 21 billion on a cash and debt-free basis, which will result in a comprehensive supplier and a challenger in the market. The announcement comes shortly after TDC Group was taken over by a consortium of pension funds and Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and decided to split up its Danish operations into network

Netflix Q2 results disappoint on slowdown in subscriber growth

(Telecompaper) Netflix added 5.15 million new streaming subscribers in the second quarter, for a total base of 130.14 million at the end of June. The growth was less than the company’s forecast for 131.2 million customers in June, and Netflix’s share price fell 14 percent in after-hours trade.  Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

France announces 5G roadmap

(Telecompaper) French regulator Arcep has published a document highlighting its priorities to prepare the country for the launch of 5G services, as part of a roadmap agreed with the government. The work programme is sponsored by secretaries of state Mounir Mahjoubi and Delphine Geny-Stephann, who are in charge of digital affairs and economic affairs, respectively. Among the main targets set in roadmap, France will allocate new 5G frequencies and ensure a commercial rollout in at

MTN sells Cyprus unit to Monaco Telecom for EUR 260 mln

(Telecompaper) MTN Group has agreed to sell its Cyprus unit to Monaco Telecom for about EUR 260 million. MTN Cyprus is MTN’s only operating business in the EU, and was acquired as part of MTN Group’s acquisition of telecoms holding company Investcom in 2006. It falls outside the group’s core footprint of Africa and the Middle East. Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

US lifts ban on sales to ZTE after USD 1.4 bln in fines

(Telecompaper) ZTE has resumed operations after the US government lifted a ban on sales to the Chinese company. ZTE paid a USD 1 billion fine last month and deposited another USD 400 million in escrow, the Department of Commerce confirmed, in order to put an end to the order denying US companies to sell to the company.  Source: Industry News (syndicated from Telecompaper.com)

Last week in telecoms: satellite, Sky, Vodafone and Italy in focus

(Telecompaper) Sky was at the centre of attention once more in the ongoing battle between Walt Disney and Comcast. The recent entry of Iliad on the Italian market keeps giving rise to competitors repositioning their commercial offers. And in the UK both BT and TalkTalk were under fire over corporate governance issues. All in all, our European telecoms index lost 1.4 percent during week 28, versus a slight 0.2 percent gain for the EuroStoxx 50

Top